Coaching Process & Techniques
‘Life engenders life. Energy creates energy. It is by spending oneself that one becomes rich.’
When an organization or individual contacts CPMI for coaching or trainings we discuss the unique needs of the organization and their employees. The Coaching Process is holistic, organic and powerfully revealing. It is about being in right relationship starting with yourself and rippling out to your teams, organization as a whole and clients.
Four Step Process
This process pertains to both individuals, teams and organizations,
- A discovery intake meeting is planned to reveal the needs, values, synergies and process of working together. From this initial meeting, we will discover if we are the right match to move forward. In this process we also establish exactly what is it that might be challenging you, your needs, what areas of your life you want to work on, what you want to achieve in the coaching relationship.
- A working agreement is then created and signed which includes the process, how we wish to work together (the coaching environment), frequency of scheduled coaching times (more details etc), and the financials for the coaching package.
- The tools, if any, are set in motion. Ie ValuesonLine.net or Tilt365
- The sessions begin. They will be aligned to the discoveries in the tools. The actual sessions are about heading towards a concrete goal. In that journey we ask a lot of questions, listen intently and get curious. We generally do not give advise and allow you to discover your own solutions. Coaching is about you taking responsibility and ownership for your own actions. We act as a catalyst to enable you to find your own solutions. We are not therapists nor councillors.
There are a few tools that assist in revealing information that is very valuable in mastery coaching. The following are the tools that we recommend for the coaching process:
- Values on Line (determines your priority values) www.valuesonline.net
- TILT 365 Positive Influence Predictor (focuses on your behaviours and traits of a leader leader) www.tilt365.com
- Life Purpose statement – to reveal what is your true purpose in life and work
How do we meet up?
In Organizations, the Public Sector, Associations or with Individual clients, coaching is carried out in a variety of ways,
- Face to face (depending on the city you are in)
- Or by telephone
- Or by internet (skype) (due to busy travel schedules most of the engagements with our global clients is via skype)
- Or a combination of both.
Length of time
- 6 months – 1 year
- 2 times / per month
- 1 – 2 hour length session (this is longer for some of the tool debriefs)